As a member of UNIMA Australia, you will be:
• Connected to our puppetry network in Australia and abroad
• Invited to puppetry networking events throughout the year
• Receive the UNIMA Oz online magazine and other UNIMA publications
• Receive member discounts to workshops
• Privy to exciting puppetry job opportunities
• Eligible for UNIMA Australia scholarships
• Invited to submit news, articles and reviews for publications and share your comments and views with our puppetry community.
Membership costs per year:
Student/Concession $25 (with a copy of concession or student ID card sent to the Membership Secretary)
Or Contact our Membership Secretary, Katherine Hannaford, via our Contact form.
When joining UNIMA Australia, members will be required to confirm they agree with our purposes and rules for the organisation, which you can see below:
Purposes of UNIMA Australia
The purposes of the association are—
(1) To further the knowledge and foster the Art of Puppetry.
(2) To establish contacts between puppeteers here and abroad.
(3) To co-operate with other organisations, institutions or individuals in Australia and overseas, where such cooperation may advance the development of Puppetry, in accordance with the statutes of UNIMA. UNIMA Australia Incorporated shall be a non-profit organisation. Its funds shall be used, according to the statues of UNIMA, to benefit the cause of puppetry and for local administration expenses.
You can view the Rules for UNIMA Australia here.
Nominations for the 2020 Management Committee are now closed.
Nominations are now closed for the UNIMA Australia management committee. The three executive committee positions are made up of the President, the General Secretary, and the Treasurer. The committee also comprises currently of 3 Ordinary members.
For the 2020 AGM, the positions of President, General Secretary, Treasurer, and Two ordinary committee positions are open for nominations. To nominate, please download the appropriate form below. Both the nominator and nominee must be current financial members of UNIMA Australia.
Financial members unable to attend the AGM, can appoint another financial member to be their proxy at the meeting using the Proxy form.
Nomination forms and proxy forms must be received by Sunday 12th July, 2020 by either post or email.
The 2020 AGM will be held on Sunday July 19, 2020 at 5pm AEST. Members will be sent a zoom link via email.