UNIMA Australia Silver Linings Project – Online Puppet Film Festival 2020
2020 has been a tough year, but we want to find some silver linings and put some joy out into the world. You are invited to join the UNIMA Australia Silver Linings Project – a call to submit short, uplifting puppet films as well as photos showing puppetry activities you have been doing during COVID times.
This project is open to anyone around the world, and there will be prizes!
Please see the details below:
Make a puppet film!
You are invited to create a short puppet film to suit the theme: ‘Silver Linings’. This will be compiled into a playlist on our UNIMA Australia Youtube channel.
Your video needs to be
- Up to 3 minutes long
- Family friendly (i.e. G-rated)
- Include any form of live puppetry performance
- Uploaded onto Youtube (send us the details in the form below).
- Include the hashtags #silverliningsunima #unimaoz when publishing your video on Youtube
Send us a puppet photo!
You can also send in photos of puppet activities you have done during COVID times, which will be turned into a photo slideshow to be shared on our Youtube channel and social media.
Post your photo onto our UNIMA Oz Facebook Page with the hashtags #silverliningsunima #unimaoz
Your photo needs to be
- JPEG or PNG format
- Preferably landscape format (horizontal)
- Family friendly
- Include any form of puppetry
- In the description, you will need to write your name, city and country (e.g. Sydney, Australia), company name (if applicable) and any credits (performers, makers, director, etc). Please also include the hashtags #silverliningsunima #unimaoz
Awards & Prizes
A number of awards will be given, with prizes including a year’s membership to UNIMA Australia and some UNIMA merchandise and other puppetry material.
Who can enter
The project is open to anyone around the world, and we hope to engage with the wider puppetry community both in Australia and around the world. There are no participation fees.
Deadline for Silver Linings Project: Submissions by Monday 7th September, 2020
By submitting your film, you are granting the UNIMA Australia the rights to use your film, and clips or images from it, for marketing purposes.
By entering your film, you are declaring that you own the film (and its copyright) and the work is your own.
For any enquiries, contact us at email@example.com